Replies: 10406
Total votes: : 4

Last post: September 21, 2024, 09:47:30 PM
Re: Forum gossip thread by Herman

My new favorite destination spot....is

Started by Obvious Li, December 09, 2014, 04:19:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Obvious Li

Taiwan.....in all my travels i never had occasion to go there...however after watching a program on the food courts and street vendors in Taipei i have moved it to number 1......i must get there soon.....apparently some of the seafood markets outside of Taipei are unbelievable as well......easily accessible by the train system...seafood and beer......what other sustenance would you need....?????  ac_dunno ac_dance  ac_wub

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"Taiwan.....in all my travels i never had occasion to go there...however after watching a program on the food courts and street vendors in Taipei i have moved it to number 1......i must get there soon.....apparently some of the seafood markets outside of Taipei are unbelievable as well......easily accessible by the train system...seafood and beer......what other sustenance would you need....?????  ac_dunno ac_dance  ac_wub

Taiwan is a very advanced island nation Obvious Li..

It is famous for great cuisine..

Much like Korea and Japan, it has very good infrastructure like a good mrt in Taipei and a smaller one Kaohsiung..

If you go be sure to visit Sun Moon Lake, it is beautiful..

We are thinking about going back to Taiwan in 2016.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"Taiwan.....in all my travels i never had occasion to go there...however after watching a program on the food courts and street vendors in Taipei i have moved it to number 1......i must get there soon.....apparently some of the seafood markets outside of Taipei are unbelievable as well......easily accessible by the train system...seafood and beer......what other sustenance would you need....?????  ac_dunno ac_dance  ac_wub

The zoo in Taipei is probably East Asia's best.

Obvious Li

will either of you two (or both) come along to translate for me.....maybe as tour guides ac_king  acc_devil  ac_angel  ac_dance

Anonymous

They get their fair share of natural disasters, mostly earthquakes.

cc

their fair share of typhoons also

They can get very strong in that part of the world .... especially south of China in Filippines area, then work their way north while loosing a bit of power but still strong

My uncle was in Taipei when that big quake hit a few years ago ... We rode out a 270 K (before it hit land) typhoon in Manila
I really tried to warn y\'all in 49  .. G. Orwell

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"their fair share of typhoons also

They can get very strong in that part of the world .... especially south of China in Filippines area, then work their way north while loosing a bit of power but still strong

Isn't the Philippines in the middle of a serious typhoon now no?

cc

Yes. I think it has moved past Manila now .. very strong one ... not heard of results yet ... then it will do a right turn and hook north

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"Yes. I think it has moved past Manila now .. very strong one ... not heard of results yet ... then it will do a right turn and hook north

Hey cc, you talk a lot about the Philippines, are you a Filipina? I am sorry, if I did not figure it out before.

cc

No. I was known as Vanilla in Manila, lol. We spent 4 years living and working there ... 95 - 98

Loved it. So many  .. mostly good .. experiences

Also got to Taipei (briefly), Honk Kong, Xingdao, Singapore, Thailand mainly on business while living in Filippines

Anonymous

Quote from: "cc li tarte"No. I was known as Vanilla in Manila, lol. We spent 4 years living and working there ... 95 - 98

Loved it. So many  .. mostly good .. experiences

Also got to Tapaie, Honk Kong, China, Singapore, Thailand mainly on biusiness

That sounds like some good memories. Do you miss the excitement?

cc

Yes .. we do ... life tame now .. .quite exiting especially in XingDao ... actually worked on an army base for a week ... scary, but an experience

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"will either of you two (or both) come along to translate for me.....maybe as tour guides ac_king  acc_devil  ac_angel  ac_dance

I would like nothing better than to be your guide and translator in Taiwan Obvious Li..

ac_smile

I miss Taiwan, but I don't know about living there..

As has been mentioned, there are too many deadly natural disasters.

Anonymous

Quote from: "Obvious Li"will either of you two (or both) come along to translate for me.....maybe as tour guides ac_king  acc_devil  ac_angel  ac_dance

Woo hoo, that sounds like heaps of fun handsome. I am not too crazy about their politics in Taiwan though....especially the pan-green traitors.